DEFENSE PROGRAMS Group 2 (06/07/08)
- For young defense, the focus is on physical/motor skills and technical skills.
- By mid‐teens and beyond, the emphasis for defense needs to include perception skills of anticipation and reaction, and the cognitive aspects of team play and strategy.
Heavy emphasis on skating fundamentals.
- Breakout basics: individual skills
- Regroup: basic skills/support
- Neutral-zone play
- Defensive zone: 1‐on-1 play
- Shooting: individual skills
- Agility skating for defense
- Teach the skating first, introduce the puck and then, where possible, add players to interact with.
- Use drills that simulate game situations as much as possible.
*Option to pay as you go for $65/hour.